Tuesday, December 1, 2015

CAMBIOS! [Transfers] (Dec 1, 2015)

For everyone but me. Yup! I'm still in good ole San Juan with Hermana Trejo! That's a third of my mission here! I guess I haven't done what I came here to do yet... I really do love San Juan. The people and the members are the best!

I don't have much time (sorry mom), so I will see what I can say really fast. Other than the cambios, nothing much happened anyway out of the usual teaching lessons and finding people. 

First, to ponderize! 

12 And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good—yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit.

13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;

14 And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of righteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive.

I really like the phrase and focused on the "do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously, and this is my Spirit" part. Something that I have been trying to do more is work on my humility. Pride is such a big sin that everyone has. It leads to the downfall of peoples and civilizations (oh hey pride cycle of the BOM). When we can be humble and be just and righteous, we will be able to have to the spirit with us to guide us. In the obra misional, this is so key! We need the spirit if we even want to try and do anything.

So for the real Thanksgiving (...), Hermana Turley and her comp (one of the other hermana comps in the zone) came over to our cuarto and we made a legit Thanksgiving meal (as much as we could). We had mashed potatoes, green beans, bread, and chicken (couldn't find a turkey of reasonable price). It was AWESOME! And then we tried to make this chocolate pie that was just a fail but it was so funny and we ate it anyway! It was a pretty sweet dia de gracias. And the first time I had had mashed potatoes and gravy in 5 and a half months.

Another fun thing that I get to do this week is sing some songs! I've sung in sacrament meetings and devotionals here, but this time, 6 of us missionaries were asked by Presidente McGinn to form a little group and sing for a meeting he is having with the stake presidents of the area. So, we have been in the office a lot lately practicing for this Friday. We are singing "Que NiƱo Es?" (What Child is This?) and "Cantan Santos Angeles" (Hark them angels are singin!). EXCITING!!! 

That's all I got time for right now...

 LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Hermana Elise Joyner


PS. Talk to you in 3 WEEKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment