Wednesday, December 30, 2015

And a Happy New Year! (Dec 28, 2015)



Elise & Alex Skype
Well, we have done that Christmas thing and are looking forward to the New Year. I told you a lot on Christmas, so let's see what I can tell you. I still had a lot more that I wanted to say but didnt have time. 40 minutes went fast! But it was so good to see and talk to you all!



Matching PJ's from Home
After we talked, we had a couple appointments set up for the night. They all fell through, so my companion and I went caroling to some of our ward members. It was the funniest thing! We knocked on the door and when they opened, we started singing hymns. The looks on their faces of confusion then excitement then joy were priceless. After we sang them two hymns, we reminded them of the real reason for Christmas and then left to sing to other families. It was such a special experience for me. I felt the spirit and hte spirit of Christmas so strongly and we testified to these people through music of the birth of our Saviour. It was a Christmas so different than I have ever had. It was really focused on Christ and not on the things we receive or food or anything. It was a Christmas that I will never forget! 

Another experience that I want to share happened yesterday. We were sitting in Relief Society and as soon as we said Amen for hte closing prayer, an older hermana came up to us and told us that we had to come with her right then to visit a sister who was in the process of passing away. We went to the lady's house and a lot of her family was there. We went in and the lady was sitting in a chair and everyone was around her. We just sang hymns and her daughter talked to her and told her about us and she tried so hard to smile but just couldnt. After we sang one of our hymns, she started to say something. The daughter just burst into tears because she said that her mom hadnt said anything for such a long time and that it was a miracle that she was trying to speak. It was such an interesting experience. There was such a sweet spirit there as we comforted the family and lifted this lady's spirits and she was getting ready to pass on. 



That's all the time I have for today! I tried to write a little more because I know that I have been slacking lately.

Until next week!


LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment