Monday, December 7, 2015

Ha Nacido Un Salvador (Dec 7, 2015)

That's the Christmas video in of the Church in Spanish [the title of today's blog]. I saw it in English like a month ago. Pretty neat stuff! CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

So first, I have some news.... With the recent change in the MTC policy (missionaries speaking their own language stay there for 3 weeks now instead of 2), there has also been a change in transfer dates. That means there is a change in release dates. I'll get home two days after Christmas on the 27th instead of two weeks before had this change not occurred. Just something to be aware of. 

So, let's ponderize! 
27 And now, my brethren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance;
 28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
 29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.

I love verse 28! "That ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus being led by the Holy Spirit." I think we can liken this to not being tried more than we can bear as well. Try and tempted and two different things to me from two different sources. God will never give us more than He knows that we can handle. Sometimes to us it may seem a bit much and we can't see our way through, but if we "watch and pray continually" He is there and will strengthen us to handle to task in front of us.

So to answer your question, yup! We got to watch the Devotional last night! LOVED IT! Elder Bednar's was my favorite, but they were all rockin! Me and the other two gringas and a few elders came into the Family History center and watched it in English. It's just so much better to me to hear them tell it in their own voices and with the actual words. Before the devo, the stake choir did an hour performance that was special... Ask me on Christmas (via skype) to describe it. It's awesome and I have to demonstrate for you! 

SO, last Friday, me and 5 other missionaries went to President's house to sing two songs for a meeting he had with the Stake President's of the area. It was so legit and his home is actually like a home with famnily pictures everywhere and decorated really nice and an actual kitchen kitchen. When we finished, Hermana McGinn took us all into the kitchen, gave us a bunch of ziplock bags and just told us to take ALL! There was mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, salads of all kinds, desserts, and so much more! It was actual real american food! My stomach was soooo happy!!!!!!!!

Well, my time is up! So, our scripture for hte week is 2 Nefi 5:10-11.

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!



Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment