Thursday, December 24, 2015

He lives all glory to His name! (Dec 21, 2015)

THIS IS THE WEEK!

My thoughts are turned to the goodness of the Plan of Salvation this week and the role that the Savior has in it. I am saddened to hear about Uncle Don. I always loved going to visit him. He was always so much like Papa. Uncle Don's family and all the Dowdles will be in my prayers. How great is the Plan of Happiness that Christ came here and atoned for us so that our families can be eternal. I love this time of the year when we can focus even more on the birth of our Savior who made this plan possible. I testify that He is the Christ and through Him only, we can find the peace and joy that the Gospel offers. I have seen this time and time again in the families of some of the members in our ward who have had loved ones die within these past 6 months. 

PONDERIZE!!!! I love the scripture this week. I use it all the time in our lessons. In Spanish in verse 12 it says "sepa como socorrer a los de su pueblo." knows how to succor His people. One of my mission moms told me that socorrer can mean "correr a". In english "to run to." Christ runs to us to help us in ALL of our troubles. This scripture to me means that Christ paid for more than just our sins. He suffered for ALL of our afflictions, temptations, illnesses, sadnesses, and everything that we pass through. He knows us individually and personally! YO SE!

I'm out of time for organizing skype stuff and things, but I'll talk to you real soon!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment