Monday, February 29, 2016

LEAP DAY!! (Feb 29, 2016)

Family dearest!  Happy Monday!  The first week of our super cambia [transfer] has already flown by and tomorrow is March!  HAPPY LEAP DAY!!! I asked Hermana Giler about Leap Day in South America or even what you call it in Spanish and she said it’s not a thing.  Oh well!  Another very important holiday here in the mish.

So, I’m sorry but I don’t have any fun stories for you this week.  We basically walked all week because our citas [lessons] fell through like everyday.  But that’s OK! That’s when God builds your faith and fills your agenda for the next week!

So, this week I printed out and read a talk that President Nelson gave as a devotional at BYU-Hawaii recently.  It’s pretty legit!  I suggest reading it or watching it (especially Dayne).  It talks about us here on earth at this time and is geared more toward us at the “Millennials” (I think that’s how you spell it. You’ll have to forgive my English).  I love the part that talks about our potential.  He says that if we could see even a small bit of our potential of the plan that God has for us, we would never be the same.  And then President Nelson goes on to say how we can pray for that understanding and glimpse of our divine potential.  How neat is that!  Our Father has so much in store for us.  We just have to let Him work and mold us.  

PONDERIZE!  Ether 12:6 “And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.”

I love the part that says, “dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.”  I use this scripture a lot, together with Alma 32:27 to talk about how you have to act and the Lord will help.  A lot of times, we have to show our faith by taking a few steps into the unknown.  BUT, if we do so and if we act on even a desire to believe, our Heavenly Father will help us out and show us the way.  FAITH!  YEAH!  

I kinda don’t know what else to say.  Sorry, this letter is kinda short.  Maybe I’ll have a crazy experience this week that I’ll be able to share next week.

Well, I LOVE YOU!  HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

Hermana Elise Joyner

P.S. Happy Birthday Melon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment