Thursday, February 25, 2016

I'M ALIVE, I PROMISE! (Feb 23, 2016)

So, sorry about the email system last week. I wrote a ton of emails to people too, and none of them got sent. Well, they said that they sent. Just, no one received them. 

Shout out to the Hobbs and the Whitings and the Young Women! Thank you guys so much!!! I will definitely be using everything you guys sent me! And that's super neat that Maddie went through the temple and is working on her papers! Maybe Peru Lima Sur could get another kid from Athens...

So transfers were yesterday! Hermana Giler and I are still together here in Las Villas! I'm super pumped! We work really well together and have fun. It's a good thing too, because this transfer will be 8 weeks long to accommodate the change in the MTC for missionaries speaking their own language. But, yeah, we are still moving the work forward here in Chorrillos. 

This past week, I went for a little trip to one of the areas in the Zona San Juan. I had an intercambio (exchange) with Hermana Stodtmeister for Family History. It was so weird to go back. Even though I wasnt in my same area, the look and feel of San Juan is the same all over. It definitely has a special place in my heart. This week, we were also super busy doing Skype trainings, taking people to the temple, and doing all the last minute things that needed to get done for Family History before the end of the transfer. Then, on Saturday and Sunday (and even a little bit yesterday), Hermana Giler was super sick so we had to stay in while she rested. It was the first time I have stayed in the house my entire mission. I just read a little bit and did some of the little things that I haven't had time to do. So, that was my week (don't worry mom, I'm happy and healthy)!

PONDERIZE! 
Proverbs 3: 5-6
5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

This was the first Old Testament Scripture Mastery that I memorized and I made up a little song to go with it so I still remember it and it pops in my head from time to time. I love this scripture! When we trust in the Lord with ALL of our heart, He will provide the way. I promise that His way is ALWAYS better than our's. Trust Him! He's got lots prepared for us if we TRUST Him! Also, verse 6 to me says that we need to be humble. We need to acknowledge that we can't do this alone. POR NADA! We need Him!

That's all the time I have today because I had to go back and resend a couple emails, but hopefully you receive this email.

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment