Monday, February 22, 2016

Happy Valentine's ...on Sunday (Feb 8, 2016)

FAMILY!!!!!!! I hope this letter finds you all well (or getting better, those who have been sick...Dad...Cole...).

MOM!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! What a lucky kid I am to have you as my mama! BTW, I got a letter coming your way next week (I started it but never finished so yeah)... I hope you have the bestest of birthdays!!!!!!

First off, CONGRATS to Oliver! That's pretty neat! Dayne...

Hermana Joyner & Hermana Giler

Zone Pic


PONDERIZE!
6 And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.
 I really like this scripture! I like the phrase "tabernacle of clay." As people, we are like clay. We are being shaped and molded every day by the experiences we have. I think a lot of times we are stubborn and resist the molding or we try to do it our own way. But, when we let our Heavenly Father be the one to shape and mold us we can become more than we could alone. We have to labor diligently to let Him work His magic in our lives.

For this week, I am changing the scripture in honor of V-DAY! This week we will ponderize Romans 8:35, 38-39.

Presidente excerpt-  "I want to start with my miracle for the week. It shows me the power of contacting in the street. We contacted a family in the street one night, and then a couple days later, we went to find them at their house. Well, we knocked on their door, and no one answered. There is a lavanderia right next to this house. We asked the owner if she knew the family who lived in the house, and she said yes and gave us some information. Afterwards, we contacted her and she began to tell us different experiences that she has had with religion. She commented that she has seen the hand of God so much in her life and is willing to do whatever to follow Him. We set up and went and had another lesson with her. We shared L1 and after we gave her a Book of Mormon and read the invitation in the introduction, she said "ok, that's what I'll do then. I will read this book and ask God. Why don’t you leave me a chapter or something to start reading and then I'll pray." I was so surprised that she was asking us for a chapter. We hadn't even said anything and she was so readily there to accept this message. It shows me that when we do our part to contact, the Lord will put people in our way. Maybe these people aren't the ones we originally contacted, but they are there!"

So, this past week, all the leaders of the mission had a training by Presidente. The thing that he ended with was repentance. It made me think of repentance in a new way. We read hte scripture in D&C 58 (i think it is) about how the Lord forgets our sins when we repent. Really, the Lord is perfect. So He has a perfect memory. He can't forget. He has a permanent mark in His hands of our sins. What He proactively does is puts our sins in the past. He chooses to say that the sins dont matter anymore when we repent. So, we need to do that too. If we have sins in our past, we need to put them in the past like the Savior and God have done for us. Just some neat things I learned this week or some things that I saw in a different way.

That's all I have time for this week! I want to write more but don’t have time.

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!



Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment