Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Such Great Things Are Happening! (Aug 24th)

Wow, sounds like you guys are quite busy! In a week or so, it will be all quiet again. GET READY ALEX!!!! Once you get into the MTC, you will get into the rhythm of things. And Dayne, don't get too lonely out there in Utah without me! 

So, last Friday, they moved our P-day from today to then so that we could go to the temple. All we get to do today is email. But the temple. SOOO GOOD!!!! I just love the temple. I have officially gone more times in Spanish than in English. I went with some questions to get answered, and as I was sitting in the celestial room, answers just flowed! I know Heavenly Father is so aware of us and is willing and wanting to answer our questions and prayers if we go to Him. 


















So last P-day, Hermanas Murillo and Rameriz (the other hermanas in our zone), planned a surprise for Guelet and another Hermana whose area is about 30 minutes away. Murillo is from Hondurus, so she made a traditional meal from there and bought a cake and decorated the house of the Tapias and made it all fancy. She even made homemade tortillas. It was super good! It was a little going home party! 


In two days, ELDER BEDNAR WILL BE HERE!!!! I'm super excited!!! I will tell you about it next week, but it's just gonna be awesome!

This Saturday, we have the baptism of Cristina. She is 9 years old and just the cutest! She reminds me of Gracie. Her whole family is less active except for her older brother who takes care of her. It's really awesome because we found her while I was here, so I've seen her through to baptism. I gave her a CTR ring when we taught the commandments and she just flipped out. It was the funniest thing! She hasn't stopped hugging me since!
The other two people who were going to get baptized this Saturday as well are not. We are moving their date to two weeks more. Magaly and Cristian. They are such a great family and I just want them to get baptized so bad! We fasted for them last Saturday, so now it's all in the Lord's timing.

So, as far as homesickness goes, Dad, I'm not really homesick... And if I ever am or get down about anything, there is always one person who pops in my head... Alex. The image of Alex slapping himself and using his finger to tell himself "no, bad Alex" comes to my mind, and then I'm fine. So, thanks Alex! You're a real pal!

I'm out of time, but one little reminder... My Family Booklet. Thanks! Pics, stories, the works!

I hope you all have a great week and can rest a little.

LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!

Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment