Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 8, 2015

So, Im HALFWAY DONE WITH THE CCM!!! That´s crazy. I LOVE THE CCM and
will be sad to leave it but I´m also really excited and work with
people.

This was the experience on Sunday night after hte devotional. I wasnt
going to share this but now I feel like I should after Mom´s email. We
went back to the room and were just sharing thoughts and spiritual
experiences. It was super spiritual and just a sacred moment to share
with the hermanas in my district. One of the hermanas felt like she
needed to share 3 Nephi 17. At the end of the chapter after Jesus prays
for the people, angels come down and encircle them. In that moment, I
felt like angels were there with us. Encircling us and sharing their
testimonies in the room with us while we shared ours. I had the
strongest thought that Great Grandma Ed was there. She is the only great
grandparent I know but I just felt like she was there with me and it
was just super special. I know that the Plan of Salvation is true and
that there are angels on the other side of the veil just rooting for
us as we share the gospel and follow on the right path.

I´ve also been focusing on studying Preach My Gospel the past week. It
is such an inspired manual. I think everyone should STUDY it even if
they arent a fulltime missionary. There are so many applications to
personal life in addition to missionary work. It´s SOOO good!

So on Saturday, all the intermedios (like 20 of us) are going to go
out into the real world . SCARY!!!
We split from our companion and get paired with a Latina missionary
and an actual missionary in the mission field. All I´m saying is there
will be a lot of smiling and nodding and not a lot of comprehending.
But I know that it will be good and that I will have the Lord´s help.

It was sad to hear about Elder Packer´s passing. It´s crazy how it
happened within like a month or so of Elder Perry. Maybe they will let
us watch the funeral?...

So something that has been on my mind a lot lately is just how the
world is changing. I dont know if I am just more aware of it now that
I am on a misison or if everything suddenly just changed. We are in
the last days. It´s time for the righteous to get more righteous and
stick to their guns!

Until next week,

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment