Monday, September 5, 2016

I just love the temple! (Sept. 5, 2016)

What a crazy week! 

We started out by traveling to Lima for the lider meeting. What I love about it is that after the meeting we get to go to the temple... I love the temple!  And there is a subway right by the temple, so we get to buy lots of cookies... ;-)


Pres letter- "Miracle of the week! My miracle from the week comes from one of our 15 MA. He is a young man named Nelson. When we first started visiting him, he didn't want to leave his room. We had to talk to him for 15 to convince him to listen for 10 minutes. As we have visited him more and more, he has become more receptive. We went to visit him last night, and he was a completely different person. He was asking real questions and when he prayed, he actually talked to his Heavenly Father. Before he didnt take anything seriously. Now, he has the desire to learn. He willingly participates and wants to increase his faith. I know that as we work with this 15, our Father with touch the hearts of these people and help them on their way back to Him."


Ponderize!

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


I love this scripture and this chapter in Éter. "My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me." This makes me think in the talk from Brad Wilcox about the Grace of God. I love his analogy with piano lessons. Look it up! Read it! I know and have felt His grace so many times in my life and my mission. It's real!

I've been thinking a lot of the Sabbath Day and how to sanctify it. I think that before my mission, I didn't really do that great of a job with this. I didn't buy stuff or do sports or anything like that, but as I've learned here in the mission, it's more than that. It's doing things that bring us closer to our Father and Savior ALL day long. It's moving forward the work of the Lord and helping His children. It's a day where we can rest from our daily labors and work spiritually. Not just sit on the couch and watch TV until you fall asleep in the afternoon, but do family history, watch church movies, visit people, spend time as a family. I don't know, there are lots of things we can do! Here's you challenge for this week! Find a way you can make the Sabbath different and then do it!



I'm out of time now, but I love you lots! Have a great week!


LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment