Thursday, September 22, 2016

CONFERENCIA!!!!! (September 19, 2016)

Lots of conferences! Last Friday, President came to Ayacucho for a Unizona (bc we are so far from everyone else, we can't do multizonas). Yesterday, we had stake conference. A 70 came and spoke. It was super good and interesting. He chose to speak on out of the box topics. This Saturday is women's conference. Seeing as I am the only English speaker this time around in my zone, I will have the privilege of watching it in Spanish... And then in two weeks... GENERAL CONFERENCIA!!!!!!! I am so pumped! I love General Conferencia. It's just a weekend of spiritual feasts!!!! PUMPED!!!!!!

Funny story! We were teaching a mom and her less active teenage son. We were seated on mattresses on the floor teaching a really spiritual lesson. In the middle of hte less, hte son looked at me and said very calmly, "Hermana Joyner, there is a giant spider crawling towards you." I turned my head and the biggest spider that i have ever seen started coming at me. My comp jumped up and ran across the room screaming, and I take off my shoe and just start whacking the thing until it died. It didn't go easily, I'll tell ya that one. It was super funny and the kid was just rolling on the floor laughing. Oh the things that happen in the mission! Seriously, A GIANT SPIDER!!!!

PONDERIZE!!!!
Mosiah 2:41
41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven,that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I love the blessings promised here! Blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual. God will care for us in all things if we keep His commandments. He has prepared a never-ending happiness for us. What are you willing to do to reach it?

That's all I have time for today. I hope you have a fantastic week and find a way to put the Savior first in your lives.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment