Saturday, August 27, 2016

Re: The Lord My Pasture Will Prepare (August 1, 2016)

First of all... HAPPIEST OF ANNIVERSARIES TO THE BESTEST PARENTS IN THE WORLD!!! Seriously, I couldn't have been blessed with better parents! I hope you have just the greatest day ever.

Also, HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS (on Sunday) TO THE NEWEST TEENAGER!!!!  Cole, I can't believe you will be 13! How crazy is that! Tan loco, digo yo!

Little bit of President's letter-  "Last night we had a lesson for the third time with a sister and her teenage son. Her son is one our 15 menos activos. As we entered the house, the son (Nelson) had shut himself in his room and wouldn’t come out for the lesson. We began to talk to him from outside and convinced him to come and participate. We had a great lesson and were able to find a little bit of his iceberg. When we left the house after, his mom followed us out. She gave us each the biggest hug and just said “Gracias hermanas. Nadie ha podido sacarlo de su cuarto para escuchar acerca de la iglesia, pero ustedes han podido hacerlo. Gracias hermanas! Estamos volviendo. Gracias.” It was such a tender momento for me that reminded me of why we do what we do. It shows me the power of working with the 15 nombres. These are people that the Lord is preparing to listen to us specifically. Que grandioso es nuestro llamamiento!"

This past week was pretty uneventful. We had fiestas patriotas. Independence day for Peru. But really, it's a three day holiday where everyone goes on vacation, so we walked a lot last week. It was fun though to see the different ways that the families here in Ayacucho celebrate. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! 

Tonight, Hermana Stodtmeister and I travel to Lima for concilio de lideres. What does that mean? I get to go to the temple tomorrow!!!! HUZZAH!!!!! I love going temple. It is such a blessing to be in a mission that has a temple so close that I get to go so often. 

And ponderize rĂ¡pidamente! 

Alma 34:3

And as ye have desired of my beloved brother that he should make known unto you what ye should do, because of your afflictions; and he hath spoken somewhat unto you to prepare your minds; yea, and he hath exhorted you unto faith and to patience—

I like this idea of personal revelation. When we want to know what to do, we can turn to Him and He will help us. But I like the phrase "prepare your minds." If we ourselves aren't prepared to receive the revelation and help, the Lord will wait until we are ready. We need to exercise our faith and patience. There have been a lot of times when I have wanted answers to my questions, but I myself wasn't ready to receive His instruction. He waits for us to come to Him, read our scriptures, put forth our effort, and sometimes take a step into the unknown. There is a quote that Brother Campbell shared in our Sunday school class one time. He said "All will be right in the end. If it is not right, it is not the end." God won't let us go too far without helping us along the way. He will make all right.

Anyway, I'm out of time. 

But, I love you! I love the temple! I love the Libro of Mormon! I love this GOSPEL!!!!


LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment