Saturday, August 27, 2016

All in His timing (August 23, 2016)


TRANSFERS!!!! Except for us. Hna Calderon and I are still here in Garcilazo for our 3rd transfer together. I think I forgot to mention cambios last week... sorry!

This week was a mix of fun emotions! Happiness, sadness, and SUPRESAS!


Let's start with sadness. For the first time in my mission an investigator has dropped me. Rosario (the single mom with the two kids) told us that she doesn't have any time and doesn't want to be baptized. I felt like someone was breaking up with me. I've come to love her and her family so much, that it just makes me so sad that she and her family don't want part of the gospel. I know that they will come to their time when they will be ready but I just wish that I could be here to see it. All in the Lord's timing and His hands!

Supresa next! We went to the baptism of the other sisters this last Friday. They had prepared and sang a few musical numbers while Hna Stodtmeister played the guitar. When they had finished, Stodt said "We have one number mas. Hna Joyner, come here!" What. Huh? She called me up on the spot to sing while she played the guitar. It was fine but also really funny because it was just a spur of the moment, "oh hna Joyner is here she should sing", type of deal. Not the first time it's happened if you know what I mean...

Happiness! We have an investigator named Jimmy. He's been more or less lately, but we found him again last week. He went on a trip to Lima where he discovered that he has an uncle that is a member. They went to the temple together and had a "Come to Christ" moment. He is super excited about the gospel and just wants to be baptized! We are working hard with him so that he can overcome a few addictions and be firm and fiel in the gospel. 
I feel like I had more things to tell you but I don't remember right now because I left my other agenda at home. Whoops!

I am so glad that I get to stay here in Ayacucho! I feel like there is still so much work here for me to do and people to find. I feel like I have more of a connection here than in the other areas in my mission. God really does prepare people for each one of us to find. I know that He loves all of His children and wants them to come back to Him in their own time. 

I hope you have a great week and find a way to come closer to the Savior.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner  

No comments:

Post a Comment