Monday, January 18, 2016

MLK Day! (Jan 18, 2016)

Hey there family! Greetings from the South! 

Cole, thank you for the Downton update... if any of you give me spoilers, I'm not gonna be happy.

Mom, yes I am closer to the coast so it is A LOT more humid here. Dad, the humidity and the Peruvian sun makes it hotter. I never actually know the actual temp...

It sounds like Dayne and Cole are staying busy with their auditions! Look at you!

Ponderize (bc I think I forgot last week so I'll do it first now). D&C 78:17-18. I like the part that says, "Be of good cheer, for I will lead you along." I love it because if we lift up our hearts and trust in the Lord, He will guide us and we can discover more than if we had just done it on our own. He has sooooo much in store for us if we trust Him.

So this week has been awesome! I don't have time to write everything, but I will write out a letter this week and send the pic next week.

Quick highlights. We are teaching a Hermana named Patricia. She has a baptism date for the 30th and is super excited! She understands all of the doctrine really well and basically teaches us the lesson based off her Book of Mormon readings. I'll write out more in the letter. 

Cole, I will try to look for names for baptisms, but those are a little harder to find than the other ordinances. I also don't look at my Fam Hist too often because I'm busy searching for others, BUT I will try. 

SO, we went to visit the Bishop on Saturday night to meet  him. When my comp walks into like every house, she likes to say "my companion likes to sing and has a pretty voice. wanna hear her?" Well she said this to the bishop, and his response was "oh good, tomorrow you will do a special musical number and my daughter will play the piano." Me and his daughter were both just like "what?..." so I did an impromptu hymn yesterday to introduce myself into the ward. It was actually really funny because we didn't practice, but it went well so yeah.  
Elise & Hermana Giler

That's all the time I have. I'll write something out this week.


LOVE LOVE LOVE,


Hermana Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment