Monday, January 4, 2016

It's too hot to fish! (Jan 4, 2016)

Summer has come blazing in full force! HOT!!! HUMID! The Peruvian sun is just brutal down here! I bathe in sunscreen everyday. YAY! It's gonna be like this until like April and if I go to the South, even longer!

Everyone's back to the real world now? Time to start up those new semesters!

First before I get into stories... DAYNE! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A MEXICAN COOKOFF! Last week, the hermana from Sonora taught us how to make tacos (my tortillas were really good), guacamole, salsa, and horchata. Pretty good if I do say so myself! I made the horchata by myself and it was tasty! Next New Year's. You. Me. My mom's kitchen. 

We had some questions about New Years in Peru. Basically it's huge here. Christmas and New Year's are very big events with a LOT (I mean unimaginable amount) of fireworks. They are still shooting off fireworks! Everyone goes out dancing or has a party or what not. For us, it was just a normal day. No different. At midnight, I remember waking up to go look at the fireworks through our fifth story window (yup, still do those 60 some stairs multiple times a day) but I was so out of it that I don't actually remember anything other than the window and my bed again. #TIRED! But yeah! IT'S A NEW YEAR! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! What are our goals this year? Are the reasonable? Are we committed to lograr [achieve] them? Some questions from Preach My Gospel that we use quite often! I encourage you to think of how you can become more converted to Christ this year. What can you change (or maybe start doing)? Maybe you can pray to receive a little inspiration to see what the Lord wants you to improve. 

Next week, my dear family, is transfers. We get notice of the changes on Saturday night, move Monday, and then have P-day on Tuesday (to clarify for  Dad). Let's see if San Juan wants me for a 5th transfer or not. WHEW! I think I'm leaving, but you never know! I'll shoot you a letter next Tuesday!

That's all the time I have for today. 

Yo sé que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Días es la iglesia verdadera de Dios. Yo sé que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y Redentor y es solo por medio de su evangelio que podemos regresar con nuestro Padre Celestial y nuestras familias para siempre.

LES AMOS!!!!!


LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment