Saturday, August 27, 2016

AUGUST!!! (August 8, 2016)

I haven't really been writing much lately. Sorry ‘bout that!  I get distracted easily on Mondays:). Anyway, life here in the mission is super good as usual. Still here in Ayacucho, teaching, and the living the Gospel!









So this Saturday, we have a baptism!  We’ve been working with a less active family since we got here and their youngest isn’t baptized.  So, this week, the mom and two brothers will officially be rescued and Anna will be baptized.  They are a cute family.  Anna is 12 and her brothers are 15 and 17.  We’ve really been able to see a change in them.  At first, they were super sarcastic and annoying and didn’t want to participate.  But now, we have the spirit in all the lessons.  They are great and contribute more meaningful things.  The fun part about the baptism is that our Ward Mission Leader is going to travel, so we’ll be left on our own.  YAY!  No, but it will be super good.
















This past week we traveled to Lima for Leader’s Council.  I love that bus… I don’t know how to describe it.  It’s something you have to experience for yourself.  My favorite part, as always, is that Hermana McGinn cooks lunch.  It’s always super good!  Afterwards, we got to go to the Temple and to a session and eat Subway cookies.  #perksofyourbusleavingat9pm!  The Temple is always just what I need!  It’ll be weird to do it in English again because I’ve done it so many times in Spanish.

I love all my areas, but I feel like there is something different about Ayacucho here.  I feel like I connect more with the members and the people we teach.  I think I’ve learned to love more and more throughout my mission and it’s getting put into practice now more than before. 

Well, I didn’t finish writing the hand letter because I ran out of time, and now I don't have time to finish in an email. Life is great and grand and we'll talk next week!

Love Love Love


Hermana Elise Joyner

















No comments:

Post a Comment