Saturday, August 27, 2016

Anything Can Happen If You Let It (August 15, 2016)


This week was pretty awesome!

First of all, little Anna (12 yrs old) got baptized on Saturday and we rescued her mom and her two older brothers. Everything went well and smooth (after we jumped over the few obstacles that always come right when the baptism is about to happen). She got baptized, and there was such a special spirit in the room when they performed the ordinance. The water was super cold (especially aqui in ayacucho) so when she entered the font, all we could here was "Oooo, ahhh, oh, frio! Obispo! Frio!" It was too funny! Poor kid, she did it though! Hermana Stodtmeister played the guitar, and I and my comp and her comp sang the hymn about Joseph Smith's prayer (I don't remember what it is called in english) to the tune of Come Thou Fount. I'll try to obtain one of the grabaciones that someone took.

From Pres letter- "Miracle of the week! This past Saturday we baptized the youngest child of a family that we rescued, the Familia Huaman. The dad, however, has been super cold in the whole process and escapes every time we go to visit. On Saturday, he was present for the baptism of his daughter, Anna. After the ordinance, Anna and her mom gave their testimonies. Then we gave time to Crisostomo (the dad) to bear his testimony. He stood up and bore his testimony about the spirit he felt, the importance of staying true to the gospel, and the correctness of the decision that Anna took. It was a miracle! The wall that he has had broke down as he let the spirit enter his heart. After the baptism, I was able to talk with him a little more and get to know him. We then were able to set up an appointment to go visit him this week. I know that the Lord provides a way and a time to help all of His children come back to the fold, even the hardest hearts."
Funny story! On Friday, we were walking around, and it started to thunder and lighting and sprinkle a few drops here or there for like 20 min. I was ready for the rain but it just wasn't coming. I made a comment to my comp, "If it is gonna thunder, just rain already! I don't want just a few drops here or there for all the noise it's making!" I should've just kept my mouth shut because God answered my comments with giants balls of hail mixed with rain. It was so funny! But that stuff hurts too! I learned my lesson about complaining. 

Thanks all I got time for for today! I hope you all have a great week! Think of something you can do differently this week to make the Savior the center of your thoughts.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Hermana Elise Joyner


Sé que Él vive.

Cleaning Day in Ayacucho!
That one time the other sisters in the zone forgot their key in their house so they had to come and stay with us and I had to pump up the air mattress with a hand pump. PJ Party!





No comments:

Post a Comment