Monday, October 26, 2015

The Hardest Thing I Ever Loved to Do (Oct 26, 2015)

Good Monday to all! Once again, I don't have a ton of time (sorry mom).

First of all, the thing that I am most excited about... Remember the second week of August when our shower broke. Well, we have been showering from the cup and a trashcan until three weeks ago when our stove top broke and we couldn't heat up water anymore. COLD! Well, this past Wednesday, someone came to fix it. WE HAVE HOT WATER!!! Oh happy day! I feel clean again! So that's cool.

The next thing that I gotta say is just that I have the best family ever, especially my mom! I walked into our zone meeting and the zone leaders gave my this box with my name on it. And in this box was such wonderful things with wonderful letters and goldfish and chocolate and cereal and just wonderful things! (I need a converter not an adapter) I was just soooo happy! It's the little things in life. Seeing the handwriting of my family, putting on a new shirt, eating some goldfish. THANK YOU!!!!

So. I'm a trainer. We picked up our companions last Tuesday and went straight to work. My comp is Hermana Yanes (but she is changing her name to Trejo and I'm not sure what to call her bc her name tag says Yanes). She is 21 and from Hondurus. She is so ready to work and hates wasting any time. Her Spanish accent is a little different, so I have a hard time understanding her. She is also not used to speaking to Gringas learning the language so she has a hard time understanding me. I love language barriers. It's actually really funny to watch us have a conversation. I want to send you pics but this computer is a little wonky so next week.

This week has been... a learning curve for me. Every day, we have had appointments lined up all day, and every day, all but one fall through. We go to every house and person I know and just nothing. There have been a lot of times when we are standing on the sidewalk while I try to figure out where to go and I just have no idea. But I know in these times, the Lord is just waiting for me to turn to Him. And when I do, He is there and will guide me and lift me. Being a trainer is hard, but we aren't alone. He is so mindful of us!
    
My thoughts on the scripture (it'll be short bc I ain't got time). What an amazing moment that will be when we finish our work here on this earth and can go to our Savior saying that what we have done is sufficient and that we have a place of rest of respite with Him. But first, we have to do all we can, declaring ALL our days. That is what I am in the midst of. Rejoicing in my Lord in Spanish in Peru. 
Well, I have no more time. Sorry! I'll answer those two questions next week mom. LOVE YA!
Have a great week! 

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!
Hermana Elise Joyner

Ponderize Ether 12:27 or the one Alex says

26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.

 27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment