Sunday, October 4, 2015

CONFERENCE IS COMING! (September 28, 2015)

First of all, guess what is at the end of this week… CONFERENCE!!!  I am so stoked!  I have been really wanting to watch conference for like the past two months.  AND IT’S HERE!  Saturday night we got a little appetizer for this next weekend.  Women’s Conference was so good!  The three Gringas in our zone (myself included) had a little party watching it in English on the Family History computers.  There were a couple of moments where we lost the signal but we were able to rewind it because it was on the internet.  But really!  I went in with 3 questions and as soon as the first speaker opened her mouth, answers didn’t stop coming until we said “Amen” for the closing prayer.  Our Heavenly Father is so aware of us and knows exactly what we need and when. Now it is up to me to apply what I learned in my life. Oh, so good! I'm just even more excited for the next four sessions and three new Apostles are going to be called. Crazy! When we found out about Elder Scott, one of the Latina sisters just kept repeating “We're in the last days, last days!”. It was cute. Not really. 
Well, this week has been hard and good and pretty much everything in between. Hard because like every day almost all of our appointments would call us and cancel or wouldn't be there. We would end up walking around all day without even stopping once for a lesson. It's really hard to stay positive and happy all the time when that's all you do. But this week was also good! One lesson that we did have was with _____ and _____. We had kind of a short lesson about repentance and didn't say anything about baptism or whatever. After we finished the prayer and we're getting ready to leave _______ started asking questions like "What kind of clothes do people wear when they get baptized? When’s the next baptism? How many people do you have getting baptized? Who can baptize me?" I got so excited when he started asking us. We didn't put a baptism date on, but he is so close! AAAHHH!  We're going to let him listen to Pres. Monson first and then we'll try again. Another awesome part of this week was intercambios (transfers). Why? Because Hermana Turley came with me.  Why was it awesome? Because she is from Arizona and can speak English. Seriously! We just had a blast! And the day we were together was the only day when all of the people we were going to visit kept their appointments. So we had plenty of lessons. And then we made pancakes from scratch, which was so yummy! It was great just to get a perspective from a Gringa and advice and to just talk and say what I wanted because I had the words. It was a great little break that I needed. 
As far as events, that's about all I got for you this week. So here's a spiritual thought for your week. Romans 8:35, 38-39: “Who shall separate us from the Love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, Shall be able to separate us from the love of God, Which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” How awesome is that scripture? Very! There is nothing that can make our Savior move away from us. He is always there with open arms to help us repent, comfort us, carry us through whatever we are going through, and to walk beside us every step of the journey. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He walks with us every day, all day. Jesus Christ atoned, suffered and paid for our sins. I'm thankful for His sacrifice that He gave so that we can return to Heavenly Father as an eternal family. I'm very thankful for this knowledge. I love you very much! Have a great week. 

Love, Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment