Monday, May 16, 2016

¡Que alegría fue a verles! (May 9, 2016)

Skyping on Mother's Day
It was so good to see and talk to you yesterday! It made me really happy. COLE IS GONNA BE TALLER THAN ME!!!!! Seriously, we gotta do something about that... But it was fun and I'm glad the technology worked so that ALL of us could talk together. That was pretty neat! GA, CA, Canada, and Peru! 40 minutes went too fast! Oh well, next time we talk we can take as long as we want (.......). 

This week was crazy full of meetings! On Tuesday, we had leaders council and then in the night, another companionship of sisters came home with us to stay the night to be able to go to the sister's meeting on Wednesday. That meeting was awesome! All 30 of us sisters in the mission got together and had breakfast, received training, did a few games and activities, had lunch, took a million and a half pictures, and just had a good time! It's super fun because you can do things and say things with only sisters that you wouldn't say if there were Elderes present. It was a more special meeting. After that meeting, I went home with another sister and worked in her area for the night. Thursday, we went and had a zone council where we give all the information that we learned in leaders council to the rest of hte zone. Friday we had a multi-zona conference. That was pretty neat because the mission doctors for hte area of northwestern south america came and spoke to us about health and what we can do to have mental and physical health. It was interesting and kinda funny because one of the doctors is from Australia so he was speaking Spanish with his accent and it was like what.... But it was good! And then on Saturday we did our weekly planning because we were in a meeting on Friday. And yesterday was Mother's Day, so you know, we chatted with you for a bit. Busy busy busy! And then this week we get to go to the temple on Thursday to be able to do a session! WAHOOO!!!!! But that also means that we don't get P-day today.... but that's ok because TEMPLO!!!! And on Saturday we are going with the converts and rescues for family history so that they can do the bautismos vicarios. I love the mission! I have really come to love the temple because of the deeper understanding that I get when we teach about it and family history and when we can go. The Templo really is the house of the Lord. GO! TO! THE! TEMPLE!

PONDERIZE!!!
Alma 56: 47&48:
 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

I love these verses! I have the luck that in my case it is so true! They had never gone out to battle in their lives and here they are, a bunch of jovenes, being sent out to defend their families and freedoms. And it is all beacuse their parents were being true to the covenants they had made with God. What an example they had in their lives! What an example I have in my life! I see my parents being true to their covenants, so here I am in the battle field. Like the warriors, I dont fear; I only think on the liberty of the people of God. Why? Because I doubt not that my mother knows it. Thanks mama!

That's all I got for you today! I hope you all have a wonderful week and share the gospel! 

AL TEMPLO!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment