Monday, October 12, 2015

Ama el Pastor sus Ovejas [The Shepherd Loves His Sheep] (Oct 12, 2015)

The Lord really does love His sheep! And He sends us missionaries out to declare and proclaim that message to the world. To Peru. To Lima South. TO SAN JUAN! Qué grandioso es nuestro llamamiento! YAHOOO!!!! We say that little phrase right there in Spanish every morning and it is just so true. How glorious is my calling!

First off before I forget, next week is transfers so I won't be writing until Tuesday. We will find out my new comp on Saturday. Now that I will be out of training, it's game for anything! AHHHHH!!!! I know that I will still be in San Juan since Hermana Zambrano is going home. The only question is who will be joining me... This transfer flew by! I feel like she just barely got here.

I don't have a lot of time today because I spent a good bit with the fam history (thanks everyone for helping me fill in my missing information. I greatly appreciate it!!! And the people I visit will be able to see the great importance of family history). So, the one bit of news that I do want to say is.... ______ AND _______ ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Can I even tell you how excited I am?! After 10 months with countless missionaries, they have finally accepted to take this crucial step towards the celestial kingdom. AHHHHH!!!!!! THEY ARE JUST GONNA GO BE SEALED IN THE TEMPLE IN A YEAR AND BE A FOREVER FAMILY!!! We are still working on all the details on stuff so I will let you know how it goes next week. BUT I'M JUST SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

So last night, the young single adults asked Hermana Zambrano and I to speak and sing for a missionary fireside. She spoke. I sang. It was legit. I'll try to send you the video if it will go through. I sang Dear to The Heart of the Shepherd (but in Spanish).

I have so many things that I want to tell you, but I guess it will have to wait because I'm out of time. 

The one thing that I do want to say is, Mom, don't worry about me! Just send prayers this way and we got this. There have been some reported incidents, and we are being a lot more careful recently. I have the Lord on my side and I am His servant. I follow His Spirit and am safe. He protects me. We're all good!

And the last thing is PONDERIZE!!! Dayne has chosen the first scripture for this week. 1 Corinthians 2:9. I'm gonna do this one this week and then include in my email next week what I got out of it. You should do it too. We can connect some continents here through the scriptures and the spirit. 

I'm legit out of time now.  You are all lovely and loved greatly by ME! AND THE LORD!

LES AMO!!!!!!

Hermana Elise Joyner


P.S. Alex- you are about to go through a big transition! Just make it to Sunday and all will be well. And study study study and lean on the Atonement. I have a personal testimony that the Lord and His sacrifice will carry you through this part of your mission and then before you know it, you will have one more week of training! LOVE YA KID!

No comments:

Post a Comment