Thursday, September 24, 2015

Siempre Gozo en mi Alma (Always have joy in my soul) (Sept. 21, 2015)

¡Hola! ¿Comó estamos hoy día? Espero que la respuesta es "sí." BAH! That's all the Spanish I got right now. I'll do English now so that all can understand and that my email will be longer than 5 sentences. 

I think it's so crazy that the MTC allows family members to do TRC in the same district as the missionaries. That's so funny! I can just picture Dayne and Alex as they passed in the hall. It made me giggle. And nice cast Alex!

Anyway, this week has been so full and yet not at the same time. I always have so many experiences that I want to share that I don't have time to, so I will just share a story or two.

Wednesday morning, we went out prosylting like a normal day. We had a lesson and then went to go find a house of a reference. Well, while we were trying to find the direction, this lady walked past us looking kinda sad. Zambrano had the impression to contact her, so we did. We started talking and she just started crying. She went for a walk to try to clear her head of all her problems. She has two little kids that she has to care for and her husband can't work because he is really sick and they have no money and that's all I can remember but there was more. Basically her life is just full of challenges right now and she can't see the hope. We asked if we could go to the park and share a message with her. We were across the street from the capilla and she said that she wants to go into the capilla. SO, we went into the church and started sharing about the Atonement with her. Turns out, she was baptized when she was 9 but never actually attended. SHE'S A LESS ACTIVE! We were able to share some scriptures with her that helped her calm down a little and find a little bit more peace for the moment. It's amazing how our Heavenly Father works. There are no coincidences in this work. This is His work and we are simply the instruments who are in the right places at the right times.

On Thursday, I went to my first funeral that I can remember. I know I went to Uncle Randal's but I don't remember it much. This one was a member who had cancer. Only she and one of her daughters are members. The rest of the family is not. They held the service here in the capilla. It is so amazing to see the difference between people who have the knowledge of the gospel and those who don't. I just wish that everyone knew about the plan of salvation. We will see our families again because we can be will them FOREVER! It was an interesting experience with a sweet spirit.

On Saturday, I made no bake cookies for our ward council to try to get them excited to come. Let's just say that the ingredients are a bit different here. I had to improvise a little bit. It was actually kinda funny. And we don't have measuring materials so everything was by the eye. Oh Peru! They turned out fine....


I LOVE YOU! I HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING WELL! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!


LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment