Monday, June 6, 2016

Climb Every Mountain, Search High and Low (May 31, 2016)

Well, my friends, that's what I'm doing! Transfers have come and I am now climbing the mountains of AYACUCHO!!!! Searching high and low with Maria Von Trapp. I thought that was pretty clever. I'm proud of myself! Ayacucho is where everyone in our mission wants to go because it's GORGEOUS!!! Google it! Not only that, but I'm here opening the area with my companion, Hermana Calderon. She is from Argentina. We both came from Lima.  Fun stuffs! We met the Bishop and our ward mission leader yesterday. They are super nice and excited to have Sisters in the ward. We are still the leaders of family history. My assignment just followed me to my new area. Wahoo!!!

The bus ride here is 10 hours. We left Sunday night at 9:30 pm and got here yesterday morning. WORST BUS RIDE EVER!!! I got so sick because of the altitude difference. And I was sick yesterday morning as well. After lunch yesterday, I was fine and I'm fine now. It just took me a little to get adjusted. It's still kinda hard to breathe because we are so high up. But it is gorgeous here! At night, you can see ALL the stars! Even stars that don't exist in other parts of the world.

Well, I'm out of time (as usual), but I will write you a really good letter next week!

LOVE YOU!!!! And enjoy the family reunion!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner 

No comments:

Post a Comment