Monday, April 4, 2016

TEMPLO TEMPLO TEMPLO TEMPLO!!!! (Apr 4, 2016)

WHAT A TREAT WE GOT THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!!! I just LOVE CONFERENCE!!!! It's like Christmas for missionaries! 

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!!! WAHOOO!!!!!!

So before I start into conference, PONDERIZE! ENOS! I did pull new stuff out every time I read it. What really stuck out to me when I read it is the principle of true conversion. Enos struggled and cried and strived for a remission of his sins. Through his faith, he was able to obtain it. Once he gained his own spiritual autosuficiencia [self-sufficiency], he desired and cried unto the Lord for his people as well as his enemies. He made covenants with the Lord and then stayed true and worked in God's work until the end of his days. This makes me think about what the truly converted do. Preach My Gospel says that when we are really converted, we want to share the gospel with others. I just love that! I saw this in San Juan with Magaly and Christian. After her baptism, Magaly came and accompanied us to lessons where she could share her own testimony and help more people come unto Christ. I love the last two verses of the chapter:
"26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.
27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."
How great would that be to hear our Father say "You have been faithful and have worked so hard in my vineyard. I have prepared a place just for you!" I just love ENOS! THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE!

Ok, CONFERENCE TIME!!! First off... TEMPLO TEMPLO TEMPLO TEMPLO!!!!!! WE ARE GETTING ANOTHER TEMPLE!!!! Granted, I won't actually be here when it is open, but I'M STILL SO EXCITED!!!! What a blessing it will be for the people here! They are such good people and were so pumped up yesterday when President Monson made the announcement. Remember the story that somebody (I think it was Elder Cook...) siad about when they announced the temple in the pacific islands (don't remember where) and all the missionaries were jumping on their beds? That pretty much describes us in the English room yesterday. 

I want to write so much more because I have so many other thoughts, so I will write them out and send it next week. Oh how one hour goes by so fast! Talks I loved- all of them. In particular- Elder HOLLAND (!!!!), Elder Hales, President Uchtdorf, Elder Anderson, and Elder Ballard. I'll talk about it next week.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!


LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment