Thursday, April 21, 2016

It's Tuesday...what does that mean?... BURRITOS!!! (Apr 19, 2016)

Happy Tuesday! Do you know what that means? It means I get to go to the burrito bar for lunch!  WAHOO!

The District
So this past week was super crazy with one thing or another. The big thing was that Elder Godoy from the Area Presidency came and did a two-day conference with us.  One day, the Zones here in Lima. The next day, the Zones from the south. And then to end it all, we had a leader meeting with him. It was pretty neat. He had no notes, no outline. He just spoke by the Spirit and the needs of the group he was talking to. He talked to our group about how we are the future of the church and need to prepare now. Then he went on to give us the four step secret to success on your mission. It was awesome! Then afterwards, I had the opportunity to have an interview with him. The leadership meeting was cool too. It was basically “We’ve had two days together. Now what are you gonna do leaders?” He is a funny guy. He is from Brazil, so he speaks Portuguese, Spanish, and English and kept mixing the three up. It was a good little conference.

On Saturday, we got up super early to go to the Temple for Family History. We haven’t been able to go for a couple of weeks, so it was great to be able to return. I LOVE THE TEMPLE! Even to just be able to sit outside on the grounds while the converts were inside is the best to me! When was the last time you went to the Temple? That was too long ago! GO! YOU’LL FEEL BETTER! PROMISE!

Saturday night, the other Hermanas in our ward had a baptism, so we went to help out with that. It was pretty special! Baptisms are fun! I love listening to the testimonies of people who have been recently baptized. Their spirit and will to follow the Savior are so strong!

Saturday night, we got the Cambios [transfers] call. Hermana Giler had cambio! NO! We’ve really had a great time working together. She went to Pisco. BUT! I have a new companion! Hermana Oñate from Ecuador! She’s cute and super eager to work. She just finished her training, so she has 3 months in the mission. She was in Ayacucho before, which is the farthest Zone from here (12 hours in bus). It’ll be a good time! I’m excited to get to know her.

PONDERIZE! Mosiah 7:33.  I like this verse. “Turn to the Lord…full purpose of heart…trust in him…serve him will all diligence…according to HIS own WILL and PLEASURE…deliver you.” Those are some of the phrases I liked. Especially, “His will and pleasure.” Something that Elder Godoy said is that we can be obedient and do everything that we need to and not see the blessings immediately. In His will and pleasure, God will give us the promised blessings. He just may be keeping them in a safety deposit for a rainy day when we need them more. We just gotta trust Him and keep on keepin’ on!

Well, my friends! That’s kinda all I got for ya! I always have so many things that I want to tell you but when I sit down to write it out, I lose it all. My mind goes blank…. Anyway, I hope you had a great week and that Dad had a great birthday! Have a fantastic week!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Elise Joyner


No comments:

Post a Comment