Monday, September 26, 2016

The Doctrine of Christ (Sept. 26, 2016)

Did you see the Women's session of General Conference this past weekend? I did! It was awesome! I just love conference! I convinced one of the sisters to come to the room of family history and I watched it in English on one computer and she watched it in Spanish on the other one. It was super nice of her. It's different to hear the talks in the individual voices and with their own words. I loved how they focused on the Doctrine of Christ. A lot of the other conferences have been women pep talks about how great and important we are (which I like as well), but I loved how they got down to the fundamentals! STUDY THE DOCTRINE! LEARN THE DOCTRINE! LIVE THE DOCTRINE! You have no idea what power will come into your life if you do so. "And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen." (2 Nefi 31:21)

Just to say before I forget, next week are cambios! There is a pretty good chance that me voy. It makes me sad because I really do love my Ayacucho but I'll also be good to go and find and meet new people. And then there is also a chance that I stay here... who knows! If I go, I leave Sunday night and get to my area on Monday.

Today, we get to travel again. LIMA HERE I COME!!! We have leadership council. Only this time, the temple is closed so we won't be able to go.  


Alma 1:25

25 Now this was a great trial to those that did stand fast in the faith; nevertheless, they were steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of God, and they bore with patience the persecution which was heaped upon them.

I love the words used here. Steadfast. Immovable. Patience the persecution. What power these words have! If we apply these words, we can stand fast in the faith. We can apply what President Uchtdorf taught us this past weekend, we can find the last door on the fourth floor. I just love it!!!

I'm out of time, but I hope that you all enjoy conference and find answers to your questions (I KNOW you will!)!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Hermana Elise Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment